Wednesday 16 April 2008

KIDS




I do not know who thought this film is realistic, or maybe my life is too dull, but I do not know anyone or someone who has a group of friends like this. Yes it is over 10years old, and it’s set in a different place, and is obviously on the other side of the pond, which explains a lot, but this must be or has to be an exageration. At the age of 12, are children really doing these things? Maybe I am blind, or its happening and I do not know about it, but really?
Here are some of the reviews of the film.

“A group of teenagers prowl the streets of New York in search of sex, booze, drugs and other debauched kicks. In a nutshell, a disturbing vision of promiscuous, sociopathic teens rebel-rousing.”

“Disturbing, dark, low-budget independent film about teen-agers growing up in poverty in New York City. The story focuses on Telly (Leo Fitzpatrick), a teen who has a goal to de-flower as many virgins as he can. When one of his old encounters discovers that she is H.I.V.-positive, after only one encounter with a guy, Telly remains undaunted.” Written by http://www.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?Allison%20L.%20Venezio%20%7BYankeeSNL01@aol.com%7D

“Disturbing, dark, low-budget independent film about teen-agers growing up in poverty in New York City. The story focuses on Telly (Leo Fitzpatrick), a teen who has a goal to de-flower as many virgins as he can. When one of his old encounters discovers that she is H.I.V.-positive, after only one encounter with a guy, Telly remains undaunted.” Written by http://www.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?Allison%20L.%20Venezio%20%7BYankeeSNL01@aol.com%7D


I am from the second city, and at the age of 12, I was too concerned about learning dance routines. I didn’t even know anything about sex, or drugs or anything of that nature. I do thinkn this film was extremely over the top, and is not a true reflection of all citys. Maybe its their parental upbringing, maybe it’s the lack of, but I am glad that I had a “child” hood and was not forced to not have one…..

No comments: